Even as more and more Americans choose to rent their homes, homeownership still seems to be an ideal for which we strive. And for good reason–it builds and creates the strongest communities.
We’ve pulled together some of our favorite celebrations of the occasion on the Web for this week’s More Knowledge Blog. We hope you enjoy them.
* Money Management International (MMI) believes financial education to be a key to successful homeownership.
* Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack stresses the USDA’s “renewed commitment to providing safe, affordable housing in our small towns and rural communities.”
* Springboard Nonprofit Consumer Credit Management encourages pre-purchase education for prospective borrowers.
* NeighborWorks America promotes homeownership “the NeighborWorks way: prepare, invest, and retain.”
* In an interesting twist, The National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents (an organization of real estate professionals who advocate for home buyers) offers five reasons not to buy a home.
* The Homeownership Preservation Foundation (HPF), the originators of the 888.995.HOPE Hotline, highlight the importance of third party, independent housing counselors in sustaining homeownership.
* HUD Deputy Secretary Maurice Jones announces the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development’s theme for Homeownership Month: Rebuilding the Middle Class.
* And here at MK? Yesterday (June 18) we saw 4,400 counselors search our MKDesktop product. The supplied 3,900 resource referrals to homeowners and renters in 20+ U.S. states looking for support, solutions and financial stability. We celebrate homeownership like this every day.